NUA named Top university for student retention in Times Ranking

Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) has been awarded the top spot in The Times and The Sunday Times University of the Year 2019 guide rankings for student retention. This list judges universities based on their efforts in ensuring that students make the full journey from enrolment to graduation. NUA’s student drop-out rate is 5.6%, which is half the rate that is to be expected from an institution with the same variety of students and courses. NUA credit their success to having contact with their new students long before Freshers’ Week. They hold portfolio-based interviews with their applicants before they sign up for the course, which deepens students understanding of the course and what they are signing up for. This also gives students the opportunity to get to know academic staff early on and introduces them to the creative community at NUA early on. NUA is sitting at joint 62nd place in overall The Times 2019 Guide, with the top spot going to Cambridge University. UEA dropped from 15th in 2018 to 23rd.

08/10/2019

Ellie Robson

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31