There is nothing that gets me truly excited for those dreary autumn days more than the endless opportunities for dressing. And where better to seek inspiration from than our favourite seasonal films, offering extensive and meticulously styled outfit combinations to keep warm whilst embodying your inner Hollywood starlet.

Let’s start with a classic, ‘When Harry Met Sally’. Nora Ephron’s famous tale of male and female friendship that provides the ultimate mood board for all things autumn. From Sally’s red knitwear and black skirt combo, to Harry’s light wash jeans and chunky white jumper, it’s a bountiful source for sweater weather styling. And how could I not mention the scene of the pair walking through Central Parks fall foliage, from the movie’s poster, that sees Sally mixing an oversized grey blazer (with shoulder pads galore), pleated trousers and a bowler hat. Perfection. The film is a constant haven for high waisted denim and knitwear with the perfect amount of slouch, meaning I return to it time and time again when in a fashion rut.

‘Stepmom’, whilst rather depressing in plot, provides the perfect backdrop for sumptuous autumnal outfits, that tend to distract from the onscreen drama. The leaf scattered American suburb that Susan Sarandon lives in, with her massive house and wrap around porch, provides the perfect setting for Sarandon and Julia Roberts’ vast array of turtlenecks, wool hats and long coats. Every outfit worn in the film shows how a basic jumper can easily be dressed up to look chic, but then again, Julia Roberts could make a bin bag look like haute couture.

Lastly the witchy tale of ‘Practical Magic’, following sisters played by Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock, is full of gorgeously layered outfits, with floaty floral slip skirts and dark green velvet dresses, for those not so typical warm autumn days. So, the next time you’re at a loss for what to wear, turn to the big screen and its array of seasonal movies to spark your imagination.