An ode to the venues of Norwich

Norwich is packed with a rich array of music venues which spread across the fine city. We’ve narrowed down some of our favourite venues so you can start planning your next night out now.

The Waterfront

First up, The Waterfront, the go-to for some of the best gigs in Norwich. This medium-sized venue often showcases relatively big names before they graduate to to The LCR. Over the years those sticky walls have seen the likes of Bastille, The 1975 and Ellie Goulding perform before hitting the big time. The Waterfront also offer free entry into Propaganda after every Friday night gig… The perfect end to a perfect night.

With a wide choice of VK flavours and some of the cheapest drinks in the city, The Waterfront is a safe bet for a good night out at a club night or gig.

Norwich Arts Centre

Voted in 2014 by NME as Britain’s Best Small Venue, Norwich Arts Centre does not disappoint.  The old church has been converted into a beautiful arts venue and is home to great gigs as well as theatre, visual art, comedy and more. Norwich Arts Centre often showcases smaller, up and coming artists so it is the perfect place to try something new and find your new favourite band.

The Owl Sanctuary

After The Owl Sanctuary was nearly forced to close at the beginning of 2016 following being bought by a local property developer, the independent venue has gone from strength to strength at its new home on Timber Hill. With “zero tolerance towards any form of racism, homophobia, transphobia or generally being a bullying dickhead”,  The Owl Sanctuary is a DIY platform for underground artists from all over the world as well as local bands from around Norfolk.

Epic Studios

With only a handful of gigs a month, Epic Studios isn’t always a first choice when looking for live music but if you’re lucky you might be able to catch some pretty exciting bands. Over the past few years Peace and Lower Than Atlantis have both played at Epic Studios on Magdalen Street so it’s worth heading to their website to see what they’ve got coming up.

The LCR

As one of the biggest venues in Norwich, The LCR is home to all the biggest gigs and, as we all know, the biggest club nights. Over the last year alone The LCR has seen Busted, Courteeners and Glass Animals pass through its doors performing to hundreds of students as they go. With cheap drinks and the guarantee that you’ll bump into someone you know, The LCR is a great place to catch your favourite band.

13/06/2017

madelenealdridge

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031