Music, Venue

On The Radar for 2020

Concrete writers give their response to the most anticipated music events of the new year.

James Ward 

I’m most anticipating the release of Tame Impala’s newest release, The Slow Rush. The singles have left me feeling very optimistic about it; however, I am definitely hoping for some more psychedelic rock in the vein of ‘Posthumous Forgiveness’. Nonetheless, the progression of all his previous records seem to smoothly lead him to release an amazing synth-heavy, vaguely psych-infused disco pop album. And I’m so ready for it.  

Bryan Mfhaladi

After his album Heavy Is The Head became the first Number 1 album of the decade along with Own it becoming the number 1 song in the UK with a new Wiley diss track dropped too, this year I am looking forward to Stormzy’s UK tour starting in London this September after having announced it about a year before it actually starts, promising to be a few nights to remember for the self-proclaimed ‘king of grime’.

Leia Butler 2020, the year Halsey brings out her new project, Manic. Not only does Halsey’s Manic project include the release of music, but the project plans to be an immersion of all the senses, from sound, sight, touch and so on. The details of such are still to be revealed but come the 17th of January, the sound portion, in the form of Halsey’s album will be released.  Over the last few years, we’ve seen fantastic music such as ‘Without me’ and most recently ‘Graveyard’, ‘clementine’, ‘SUGA’s interlude’ and ‘Finally// beautiful stranger’. These amazing songs released as singles from the album hold so much promise for what Manic will be.

28/01/2020

James Ward Bryan Mfhaladi and Leia Butler

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
  • 1
    Cookies
    Not for me
  • 2
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    We are facing a climate catastrophy, the translation or proofreading could have been done online. Decolonising seems to be used to justify all sorts of things, including bad ones like…
  • 3
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    New forms of saviourism -it never ends this perpetuating of the Global South being something that needs visits from those good-willed who want to "help" from the Global North. It…