Music, Venue

One to watch: Zoka the Author

Zoka the Author, real name Nicholas Uzoka, is a London-based rapper, and former UEA student. You may recognise his name from last year when he achieved international media coverage for turning his dissertation into a rap album, and subsequently achieving a first for it.

He has since been featured in magazines including Wonderland, and has released his debut single “The Mindset” which has had play on BBC Radio London, BBC Radio Norwich, and was chosen as track of the week on Reprezent Radio by Rellik Tha Don. 

Now, Zoka the Author is ready to step into the center frame with his new EP Reflections, coming out on the 27th November. His first offering from the EP is ‘The Pedestal’ produced by @domwitdaheat. The rapper brings a strong energy to the track, delivering impressive vocals and the UEA English Literature with Creative Writing graduate by no means falls short on the lyricism either. 

The second single from the EP is “Let Me Be”’ due to be released on Friday 6th November. He seamlessly moves between this energetic, and yet at times almost-conversational, rapping style which will be sure to hold the listeners attention throughout. The rapper has also released a series of promotional photos for the Reflections project on his Instagram (@zoka_the_author), which brings the conceptual nature of the EP to the fore. Having graduated just one year ago, Zoka the Author has already achieved a string of accolades and shows no signs of slowing down. He’s definitely one to watch in the coming years.

03/11/2020

Jake Walker-Charles