Oxfam UEA support child neglect strategy

Following research published today that shows 31% of young people in East Anglia have expressed concern over whether another child is being properly looked after at home, Oxfam UEA has announced that it is backing Action for Children’s call for a national strategy on child neglect.

Oxfam UEA, a society set up this May to fundraise and campaign on behalf of Oxfam GB, is hoping that a national strategy as suggested by Action for Children will help to inform children and adults of whom they can raise their concerns, as well as raise public awareness, of child neglect. Will Temple, President of Oxfam UEA, expressed upset at the fact that neglect still went unreported, claiming that the research, “clearly highlights that more needs to be done to help people in East Anglia”.

The report, published by Action for Children, highlights that the same percentage of adults living in East Anglia are concerned about the welfare of a child in their neighbourhood, whilst a significant proportion of children (45%) and over half of all adults surveyed (53%) said that they felt that they needed more information about where they can raise their concerns.

Temple went on to explain that this would be a focus for the organisation, “We hope that over the next 12 months we can do as much as possible to help this cause”, highlighting the role of Oxfam was “ensuring that children in all communities receive enough food to eat and water to drink”.

24/06/2015

joejameson Joe is in his second year studying Politics and International Relations, and not-so-secretly wishes that he'd been around in the 1950s. When not reading the paper, with his shirt sleeves rolled up pretending to be Tintin, Joe spends his time reorganising his stationary, playing video games, drinking copious volumes of tea and immersing himself in as much science fiction as possible.

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031