Partridge: The Movie

Alan Partridge will be appearing in a long awaited new film shot in Norwich.

Filming will commence later this year, and the film is expected for release in 2013. Steve Coogan has played the character of Alan Partridge, the Norfolk-based radio and television presenter, in two radio series, three television series and several TV and radio specials. Coogan was most recently in Norwich in character last October, signing copies of his book at the Waterstone’s on Castle Street. He then returned to Norwich last December, where he was filmed around City Hall and Norwich Market.

Partridge co-writer Armando Iannucci announced the news about the film in an interview with Empire magazine. He said the film is “very much Alan in Norwich. Putting Norwich on the map.” The script for the film has been written by Coogan and Iannucci, along with Peter Baynham, who co-wrote the Sacha Baron Cohen film Brüno.

15/05/2012

francismckeown Frances is a fourth year Law with American Law student who spent the last year in the good ol’ U.S of A attending law school and learning about the wonders of American breakfast food. What was there not to love about all those sweet things, pancakes, waffles and French toast bake for breakfast? She definitely loved the food though she’d pass on the sweet tea. All that sugar has given her renewed energy and she’s back, ready and raring to go, to spend her final year as Copy Co-Editor.