Arts, Venue

‘Passport to art’ for students

Earlier this month, Art Fund announced its new £5 Student Art Pass which offers university students a free or a discounted entry to over 240 cultural venues and  50 percent off the price of student entry to major exhibitions across the UK. Amongst others, one of the centres supporting the scheme is The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.

The year-long subscription is open to any university student in the UK who applies before the 10th December 2017. It also includes updates on the art scene nationwide, as well as specially programmed events to bring students closer to public museums and galleries.

Collaborating with Youthsight, Art Fund surveyed 1,500 students finding an increase in engagement with extra-curricular activities and creative thinking amongst young people, labelling it as the ‘Generation Sensible’ – 80 percent of them had visited a museum, gallery, theatre, art festival, ballet or opera performance. The pass aims to promote access to major art and visual culture opportunities to increasingly culturally curious students.

“Every student in the UK should be able to easily and affordably access our museums, galleries and historic houses. They act as a stimulus and reference point for creative people everywhere and an infinite source of inspiration for all,” Stephen Deuchar, Art Fund’s Director, said.

A range of funders including Cass Art and the Cass family have also enabled all first year students of the University of the Arts, London, and over 12,000 art students from 22 universities across the country, including UEA, to benefit from a free Student Arts Pass.

To apply, visit: artfund.org/student

24/10/2017

mireiamolina

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031