Without your mum at hand, cooking at university may seem intimidating and somewhat tedious. However, this is an affordable, healthy and fail-safe recipe to ensure you keep away from those oh so tempting ready meals.
- A serving of penne.
- A handful of frozen peas.
- A handful of broccoli florets.
- Three tablespoons of crème fraîche.
- A handful of grated cheddar.
- Black pepper or dried herbs to season.
- Boil the penne in a saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and peas to the saucepan for the last five minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the crème fraîche to another saucepan on a medium heat and warm.
- Add grated cheddar to the crème fraîche and stir until melted.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables and add to the cheesy sauce.
- Put them into a bowl, and add the pepper or herbs for taste.
- Dig in!