Pole fitness and the December Pole-a-thon

UEA Pole Fitness has had a great start to the year, with two extremely successful socials and a great intake of new members!

Our taster sessions sold out within 10 hours of going live on the SU website and were a huge success, with many of the attendees going on to buy lessons and memberships as soon as they went on sale.

This year, we have also got new polespecific kit which is a great way to really feel like part of the club.

Our first social was an information and pizza evening where members new and old got the chance to meet the club and committee, and most importantly, meet people in their class before lessons began, as well as finding out about all our exciting plans for the year.

We had our first proper social on the 12th October which was Animal Kingdom themed, where we met in the square for pres and then went onto A-List – it was a really fun night and we had a great turn out!

Looking forward to the rest of this semester, our social sec Rhianna-Lily has a lot more planned for us, including a sober social of bowling, and a joint Halloween social with tennis.

These are both really exciting as they will give us a chance to involve members that maybe aren’t such a fan of drinking and going out, and the tennis social will gives us a chance to link up with another club and meet new people.

Both of these events, along with a few sports nights and a winter meal, will all be a really nice way to integrate within the club.

We also have some other exciting events planned including our annual 24-hour Pole-a-thon on Tuesday 3rd December from 7am, where we will give anyone a chance to give pole a try in the hive for a donation to BEAT, the eating disorder charity who we’ve worked with closely for a few years now.

While we don’t have any competitions this semester, we do have the IUPDC (Inter University Pole Dancing Competition) in February and, of course, Derby Day in April; preparation for these will start relatively soon and we can’t wait!

This is such a lovely club to be a part of and we can’t wait for the year to continue in the positive way that it has started.

22/10/2019

Bethan Reid