Pole fitness had their first competition of the year at the Inter University Pole Dancing Competition (IUPDC) South East Regionals on the 8th February in London, hosted by King’s College London.

UEA sent off a great team, with Joe Loftus for beginners, Hana Inal for intermediate, Diana Priimak for advanced, Rosa Hopper, Will Hodder, Elizabeth Ward, Lottie Dyce and Ciara Bright.

Joe did extremely well in beginners, placing 5th having only had 5 days to prepare his routine, after an injury unfortunately meant that Summer Rosonovski could no longer compete.

UEA ranked 7th overall with beginner, advanced and group categories all making it to 5th.

All of the performances were incredible to watch, but it was a tough competition and King’s College London won, with Cambridge as the runners up.

Competing for the team was amazing, as was observing the other competitors. I can’t wait to experience it again!

The second competition this year will be one the UEA team has created itself.

It’s going to be an inter-university friendly competition (called the ‘Scorpio Competition’) hosted in Congregation Hall 01.19, on the 7th march!

This will be its first year, and preparations are well and truly underway, to the team’s great excitement.

East Anglia will be welcoming Northampton, Anglia Ruskin and Hertfordshire.

The competition will be running with the same category system as IUPDC: beginners, intermediate, advanced, and group, but there will be up to 3 competitors in each category and up to 6 members in a group.

The UEA team cannot wait to see what the other universities have to offer to match their own performance, which the competitors are now hard at work practising.

We have managed to catch bits of the routines, while they’ve been training and practising, and they’re looking very good.

The day will start at 9am for registration for competitors and spectators, in order to be ready for the competition to kick off at 10.UEA’s competition squad, the Scorpios, loved competing at IUPDC and cannot wait for the 7 March when they get to compete right here in Norwich on home turf.