Preparations underway for Go Global Party 2013

On Wednesday 20 March the LCR will be filled with food and performances from a wide number of different countries and cultures. Once again the Go Global party will be hitting campus and although there is no Go Global week this year, the party is still set to be one of the most popular nights in the UEA calendar.

Go-Global-Party 4

The evening will begin with some food tasting, where attendees will get to try a number of snacks from different countries. Afterwards there will be a series of performances and dances on the stage from a number of different cultural societies at UEA.

The Indian Society, who have already dazzled audiences with the Diwali Diya held last semester, will be performing again. The Japan Society will also be on stage for the first time this year. They’ll perform a traditional dance that will include the use of Japanese taiko drums.

To finish the night off everyone will head to the dance floor and join in the party. Attendees may even get the chance to learn a few new dance moves from the performers too.

Last year, there were 950 people who attended the Go Global party, proving it to be one of the most popular celebrations on campus. Students attending the Go Global party this year will be asked to give an optional one pound donation to the charity Medic To Medic. The money collected by Medic To Medic will help pay for the tuition of medical students studying in developing countries. This means that these students will hopefully get the opportunity to finish their courses and gain the qualifications they need in order to practice medicine.

It’s hoped that, since the Go Global party is an international event, students from a range of different cultural backgrounds at UEA will help fellow students in developing countries through their donations.

Tickets for the Go Global party are available for £4.50 with the option of an extra £1 donation to Medic To Medic.

19/03/2013

robertnorris