On Wednesday, November 22 the Queen sanctioned her second son, Prince Andrew’s retreat from royal duties after a BBC interview on his friendship with late financier Jeffrey Epstein. The interview showed the Duke of York’s lack of regret over his friendship with the disgraced banker and televised his apparent lack of empathy for the victims of the case, which received much criticism. Nevertheless, he added that he was, “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations if required.” The Duke had become a liability after his involvement in the case and had to resign from his royal duties. His resignation means that he will no longer receive an allowance from the sovereign grant, an expense account that is funded by the government to cover the costs of travel, staff, bills and the royal palaces’ upkeep. However, he will still work on his business charity, Pitch@Palace, only without official support. According to royal commentator Peter Hunt, “this has damaged the royal family.” He added that the Duke has toxified the brand of the House of Windsor. Companies such as BT and Barclays, which he has links with have joined the various universities and charities that are distancing their brand from him. Although the statement from Buckingham Palace said that his withdrawal is, “for the foreseeable future” many find it hard to see what will bring him back. Prince Andrew also canceled a planned visit to the flood-hit area of Yorkshire on Tuesday, November 26, amidst news of his resignation.