This semester is flying by – this is our fifth issue and my love for Concrete is growing more and more. This coming weekend we are going to the Student Publication Association Regional Awards, fingers crossed we win something!

This issue has been quite an interesting one for me, most of what I have written about has discussed the Union Council’s motion to stop the sale of beef from uea(su) outlets. The editorial team has had some fun coming up with beef related puns, so please sit back, open up the paper and have a chuckle. 

If you want to read my opinion about the beef scandal, please turn to the Comment section where Venue’s Editor Ellie Robson and myself have a debate about the motion. 

In the Interview section for this issue you’ll find my interview with Sophie Atherton, uea(su)’s Campaigns and Democracy officer. We discuss everything from the general election, UEA’s accommodation pricing and uea(su)’s transparency. It was interesting to hear more about the goings on within the Student Union. I spend so much time in the media office so I often find myself looking into the SU office, wondering what kind of work everyone is completing to make UEA and even better institution. 

Once again, I am really impressed with how this issue is looking, I’m particularly proud of the ‘Home of the Wonderful’ and ‘Media Collective’ spread. Take a peak and see what we got up to at last year’s Media Collective Christmas Ball and also take a second to look at the photos we have taken to advertise our award-winning radio show ‘A Week in Concrete’. We will be back at 5-6pm every Tuesday talking about our favourite articles and campus related news. 

The artwork on venue’s front cover this issue is amazing! (maybe because I drew it?) I am very much enjoying having student art on the covers on Venue, it is lovely to celebrate the work of UEA students. I thoroughly enjoyed drawing the purple face and loved having the opportunity to be creative!