I have made these cookies countless times over the lockdown period and I now always have an emergency frozen batch in the freezer, because they are just that good! This is a one bowl recipe and makes about 12 cookies, depending on how big or small you want them to be!
This recipe is originally from cafedelites.com and called ‘best fudgy chocolate brownie cookies’. It’s also in a cup form measurement but you can convert this online, or just buy some cheap cup measures online or in stores!
-1/2 cup of cocoa powder
– 1 cup of white granulated sugar
-1/2 cup of melted butter
– 1 egg
– Around 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (add more or less depending on your preference!)
– 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (you can use another oil if you prefer)
– 1 and 1/3 cups of plain flour
-1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1/3 cup of chocolate chips (This is a good basic level but I always add a little bit more because I love chocolate!)
1) Preheat the oven to 175 and line your cookie sheets! Amazon has some great reusable baking sheets I always use.
2) Mix together cocoa powder, sugar, butter and oil.
3) Beat in an egg and add vanilla
4) Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix gently until you get a dough. You might need either more water or more flour at this stage so just keep adding until you’ve got that dough.
5) Chocolate time! Add your chips in (if you’ve got any left! I always end up eating them along the way)
6) Pop on a baking sheet, cook for 10-12 minutes, and leave to cool a little before tucking in!