Remember, remember the month of Movember

Movember is a month for men. It’s a month to raise awareness about some of the issues men face when it comes to their health. How, you ask? By growing a “Mo” – or a moustache!

The first Movember, started in Australia in 2003 by two friends in a pub, only consisted of 30 members trying to bring the moustache back into fashion at the same time. I’m sure some called them crazy, and others failed to understand what they were doing at all. But by 2004, the movement had grown to 400+, and over £21,000 was raised for the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia – it was the largest donation PCFA had ever received.

The movement is important not just for raising money, but improving visibility and awareness. Men’s health care is too often pushed aside. However, Movember won’t let us.

By 2007 the movement had arrived in the UK, raising money for the Prostate Cancer Charity; and now there are over 5 million “Mo Bros” and “Mo Sistas” all over the world. They fund over 1,200 projects in men’s health, from testicular and prostate cancer, to suicide, to breast cancer.

Men all over the world are sponsored to grow a moustache and raise money for a cause.

You don’t have to be a man to participate, though; you could walk, run, cycle, or swim in their “Move for Movember” campaign.

Sport a ribbon over your lips this Movember, to remind people of the importance of men’s health; your Mo will help you look great, and your fellow fellas will know that you’ve got their back when it comes to their health and yours.

07/11/2017

hannahbrown

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031