Gaming, Venue

Review: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

I’ve not even finished one out of this enormous RPG’s four routes- that’s right, four, not three- and I’ve already clocked over forty hours of gameplay, with many a night over Christmas being spent sleepless. 

In Fire Emblem: Three Houses you assume the role of the professor- either male or female- who is given the choice out of three houses at the Officers Academy to teach. Depending on which one you choose, the characters you control in grid-based, turn-based battle, and the story, will be very different. Each of the three houses has a leader of sorts; a member of the royal family for one of the game’s nations, with each of the leaders being very important to the game’s story. 

Although I would highly recommend Fire Emblem: Three Houses, it is very much a timesink. With four routes, three difficulty levels- I recommend hard mode at least- and a wealth of side content, this title is for someone who wants their money’s worth, especially considering the production quality as well. A game as long as Three Houses would usually suffer in some way, but the soundtrack, character design, story, and gameplay are all at the series’ absolute peak.

28/01/2020

Jack Oxford

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031