Before Friday 4th October I was a Rocky Horror Show virgin. I knew it was a cult classic and was infamous for providing a thrilling performance. I had my tickets booked as soon as I saw that tickets were available to a sing-a-long screening in Norwich’s Theatre Royal.

Upon arrival, we were presented with a goody bag full of a newspaper, a rubber glove and a party popper. Then there was a costume contest – a man dressed in a satin corset and a curly black wig won the contest. Magical.

I was nervous that I hadn’t seen the film before, I wondered if I had built up too many expectations in my head, but really being a newbie was nothing to worry about. I quickly caught onto the dance routines, explicit shout outs and the lyrics to the hilarious songs.

Over the next few hours, I became well acquainted with Brad and his fiancée Janet Weiss. Damn it, Janet. I marvelled at Frank Furter and growled at Riff Raff (Murderer!). The only downside of the night was I couldn’t hear all of the lines due to the audience participation. I probably need to watch the film again so that I can learn why exactly it was that people we shout, “How long?”. Apart from that, the whole night was thoroughly enjoyable, and I can’t wait to go to another screening.

All I have left to say is I can’t wait to buy a pair of fishnet tights and a sparkly gold jacket.