Home of the Wonderful

Say hello to Water Polo

Here at UEA Water Polo we pride ourselves on being an open, fun, inclusive and friendly club to all, with anyone and everyone welcome to join! The majority of our members have never played before so don’t worry if you like the look of something but know nothing about it – that’s what we are here for! Through the help of our experienced coach Joel who has now been with us for three years, you will learn ball handling skills, undergo defending, and shooting drills and play games.

Both our Men’s and Women’s teams compete in British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) competitions in which we play other universities across the East of England – our last win was collected by the Women’s team in a match against Warwick in 2019! We also hold regular socials to boost team morale, working this around training sessions and our studies. We hold both drinking and non-drinking socials, at UEA and in town, and have even hosted joint socials in the past with other clubs, like swimming. As well as your classic themed nights such as Noah’s ark, in which you are paired up and dressed as animals, going to the LCR two by two! We had a pair of starfish appear last year! Anything but cups social – first place has been given to a potty in past years as your ‘cup’ for the evening is anything but. Or the traditional mid-week event joining all the other UEA sports club members together for Sports night You are always guaranteed a great night out with Water Polo!] 

The previous year has been a very tough one for all sports clubs and societies, but it has been especially difficult for Water Polo [. Not only did the Covid-19 restrictions force the Sportspark facilities to close but the pool also continued to remain closed for a considerable amount of time after the Sportspark re-opened to undergo renovations. The last time we were in the pool was well over a year ago, leaving land training via zoom as our only option.

But the start of another academic year brings new opportunities and a chance to get back to what we know and love, and we cannot wait to welcome all the freshers and encourage them to have an incredible year at UEA. So try out that new sport you’ve always wanted to, or join the society you have been thinking about for a while – and come to a water polo session!

26/10/2021

Water Polo Society

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031