Sex Survey 2019

Sex Survey 2019

Let’s get medical; orgasms

Perhaps, if like me, you’ve googled the science behind orgasms before and have been baffled by the complexity of it all, you’re in the right place to get a quick guide into the biology of an orgasm.     We’ll start with the male orgasm – an arguably simpler and more straightforward affair. We all think…

Sex Survey 2019

Disability and sex: ending the awkward

Disability and Sex, a topic that I know full well from experience, is in the murky water. If I had to be frank, the subject is something that I find occasionally bewildering, still to this day. Being a Hemiplegic (for those unfamiliar, it is a condition down the right side of my body where my…

Sex Survey 2019

Why it is okay to be the little spoon

The term ‘spooning’ has increasingly become part of our language over the last decade, bringing with it titles for partners in this now-celebrated cuddling act: the ‘big spoon’ and ‘little spoon’. While being the big spoon (the hugging partner) or the little spoon (the hugged partner) have always had their advantages and disadvantages – as…

Sex Survey 2019

Cucumbers and condoms

As a queer person, I’ve often wondered how my secondary school experience would have been shaped had I been provided with even a basic level of sex education relevant to my interest in kissing people that weren’t boys. Of course, access to good quality sex education is not limited to classrooms, but for most it…

Sex Survey 2019

Huh? What’s Hinge?

Not a week goes by where there isn’t a thinkpiece published attributing the failures of modern romance to dating apps. The eroders of human connection, promoting superficial decision making, rendering it impossible for two people to truly click. However, they are a mainstay in the way we conduct our romantic interactions and UEA is no…

Sex Survey 2019

Dick pics on the rise

Something that has been prevalent in the modern age of dating: receiving ‘dick pics’. A baffling phenomenon that often occurs in the midst of a conversation, when a (usually) male counterpart sends a photo of his genitalia without the consent of the person on the receiving end. A recent YouGov study states that one in…

Sex Survey 2019

Alcohol and sex – the sobering truth

Dutch courage, going out for a drink, and meeting up in a club are terms used when discussing dating and sex at uni. But they all have one thing in common: alcohol. Sex and dating in the 21st  century seems to revolve around having a drink. This can vary from having a cheeky pint on…

Sex Survey 2019

Bite the bullet and buy a bullet

My friend’s mum used to work as an account officer for a sex toy company and she received LOTS of freebies. On said friend’s 18th birthday, her Mum made a pass the parcel, and under each layer was a sex related item. I got lucky (pun intended) whilst unwrapping my layer – it was a…

1 2