As the days get longer and the weather starts to heat up you’ll be looking for ways to spice up and accessorise your ensembles while making sure you keep up with the demands of the unpredictable East Anglian Springtime. Well look no further, because Venue has compiled a list of Spring staples that will keep you cool in the sun, warm in the shade and make sure you’re looking impeccable whatever the weather has in store!#

jacket

Floral Bomber Jackets
The throwback nineties sports jacket look is back with a vengeance and androgynous enough for both guys and girls to pull off with ease. Not only is it light and soft in texture (ideal for a spring day), it’s an opportunity to add colour and edge to your look with a retro print. Clash genres by mixing the masculine style with a seasonally-appropriate floral print. For guys, the key is all in the fit and the fabric, go for a bright, block colour like red or blue to brighten up your look and make sure you stand out from the crowd. A bold geometric or graffiti style pattern will create a nineties vibe, so make like Will Smith with some ‘fresh prints’ and earn yourself some serious fashion points.

Kimonos
Hot day and not sure what to wear? Don’t sweat it, a kimono has you covered! A kimono is the lightest option for a cover-up on a spring day and works as a quirky alternative to a cardigan. The featherweight material and airy cut makes this option ideal for when the temperature inevitably and unexpectedly skyrockets – as a bonus it’s also great for protecting your skin from harmful UV rays and the scourge of sunburn. Venue loves the effortless femininity of a floaty kimono, which is a surefire way to dress up an outfit and add a touch of elegance.

Blazers
This androgynous wardrobe staple can often be seen as overly stuffy or fussy but a blazer is without doubt a failsafe way to add some collegiate class to any ensemble. Lighter than most jackets, the smart cut of a blazer is flattering for both men and women, creating sharp lines at the shoulders and lapels that can dress up the look of a t-shirt and jeans. For a chilled out St. Tropez look go for a cream coloured or pastel blazer that will bring out the beginnings of your summer tan and make sure you’re looking snappy for your seminars.

Cardigans
The spring season is all about introducing some colour and panache to your look with nautical themes, pastels and tailoring proving popular year after year. This preppy item will make a smart addition to your wardrobe as it’s a lightweight piece that can be paired with pretty much anything. It will also keep you warm on those chilly spring nights. Choose a crew neck pastel number for some bookish Rory Gilmore appeal and accessorise with a stack of books and a look of sheer panic for a natty revision-chic look.