Sick Of Being Sick In January

January has always been known as prime time for us students to catch colds and pick up bugs, as we return from our warm homes with well-stocked fridges. Have you already come down with something when we’ve only been back ten minutes? Have you got a sore, red nose from the cheap tissues you’ve been blowing it on? A violent cough that won’t shift? No one wants to be the person coughing and sneezing through lectures and it doesn’t have to be you. Find out how to stop picking things up around campus and keep fighting fit this January!

1 Boost your diet!

Don’t fall into the luring trap of Dominoes ‘Two for Tuesday’ because you can’t be bothered to prepare your dinner. Also, try to avoid indulging in the copious amounts of chocolate and biscuits floating around post-Christmas. Treats like these may seem like a good idea at the time but ultimately leave you feeling sluggish and with lower immunity. Eating healthily can help protect your immune system and put you in a better position to fight off infections. Why not try a warm vegetable soup for dinner? Tesco do a simple Vegetable Soup Mix for £1.25 which makes two pints of soup and all you have to do is add water and a stock cube!

2 Keep your distance!

This may sound like an obvious tip, but if youíre sat next to someone in the library who is spluttering over their work, move away! If they’re coughing and not covering their mouths, don’t just sit there and let it surround you- move seats. If you do come into contact with someone who is full of a cold, be sure to wash your hands. You can buy Carexís’ Moisture Plus Hand Gelí which kills 99.9% of bacteria and you can take it with you when you’re on the go. At £1 per bottle, it is a small price to pay to ensure you keep well.

3 Get your eight hours…

Getting eight hours sleep can be hard as a student, whether youíre making up for lost time in the LCR after the Christmas break or working hard in the library until late at night. However, the healthiest people around campus will no doubt be reaching (or exceeding) the eight hour goal. Sleep is vital if you want to avoid catching the dreaded bugs and colds going around- so make some time for it!

Hopefully, armed with these set of tips and some determination, we can all have a happy and healthy spring semester!

13/01/2015

aliceshort

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930