Sleep Out at Carrow Road for The Benjamin Foundation Charity

The Benjamin Foundation Charity is running a Sleep Out Under the Stars this November to raise money and awareness for homelessness within our communities. Based in Norfolk and Suffolk, the Benjamin Foundation works to end youth homelessness by providing safe accommodation for vulnerable young people, alongside offering mental wellbeing support through counselling and job coaching.

The event will take place at the Carrow Road Stadium in Norwich on the 11th of November, supporting a sister event at the Portman Road Stadium in Ipswich on the 4th of November. The aim of the sleep out is to raise awareness for homelessness, as well as raise donations to support local young people. 

The charity is inviting members of the public to join in with the sleep out to help bring attention and funds to this worthwhile cause. Whilst the charity is clear the Sleep Out does not intend to replicate experiences of homelessness, it is hoped it will generate a deeper amount of compassion and attention to those who are currently without a home.

In 2019, the event raised a record £100,000 for the charity. Jessica Glover, events manager at the Benjamin Foundation, said: “Money raised at SleepOut enables us to do even more to help young people when they need us most, supporting them to create the building blocks to successful, independent living”. Whilst the event was cancelled in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Glover has announced the charity, “are thrilled to bring our Sleep Out events back for 2021 in a Covid-safe way and we are grateful for the support of our exciting host venue Norwich City Football Club”.

In order to make the event possible, there is a £25 fee for registration, although there is a £10 discounted rate for students. The Benjamin Foundation hopes participants will raise sponsorship or donations for their sleep out so as to raise as much money as possible for the charity to continue their work.

The charity does not just work to help those who are already experiencing homelessness but aims to prevent it from happening. Its staff and volunteers are deeply integrated in the local community, supporting young children, young carers, and families, aiming to promote hope, opportunity, stability and independence.

Find out how to get involved and all the information you will need at: https://benjaminfoundation.co.uk/event/norwich-sleep-out-2021/

26/10/2021

Rachel Keane

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031