So you think you know trampolining?

When people think of Olympic sports, they often focus upon the blue riband track and field events that create lasting legacies.

Often overlooked are the lesser known events such as trampolining, which potentially stops hundreds of people experiencing an exciting and vibrant sport that is totally unique.

UEA trampoline club is forward-thinking and friendly, welcoming males and females of all abilities to receive expert tuition from their two coaches who guide members through new skills and routines. The club also has an active competitive element, recently competing in a national event at Loughborough University and plans are in place to participate in BUCS in 2012.

Trampolining has been one of the first sports clubs to be able to take advantage of the new gymnastics centre at the Sportspark, adding a two-hour session on Wednesday afternoons (2-4pm) to their regular slots of 5-7pm on Mondays and Thursdays in the Sports Hall.

Trampolining also has a strong social scene, with President Kristofer Dunn remarking that they have two Christmas socials organised and a second ice-breaker social next semester to welcome new members.
Trampolining promises to be a real crowd-puller at London 2012 due to its venue of the O2 Arena. Why not experience such an exciting sport on your doorstep at UEA?

09/01/2012

kristiannelson

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031