Claud Letts

Music can represent a meaningful moment in your life, something indescribable by words, much like sex.  Here are the songs to listen to when making love…

‘Darling Nikki’ – Prince

Prince’s music was designed to get you into bed.  The raw, live feel of the song is engineered deliberately compared to the romantic, corny feel to Purple Rain.

‘I Wanna Be Yours’ – Arctic Monkeys

AM is full of sexy and romantic classics, but it’s this slow pounding finale that sets itself apart: “Secrets I have held in my heart/Are harder to hide than I thought”.

‘Pull up to the Bumper’ – Grace Jones

The possessive thump to this funk classic oozes sex.  As well as lyrics such as “Pull up to my bumper baby/Drive it in between”.

‘I Want You (She’s So Heavy)’ – The Beatles

John Lennon was passionate musically and sexually.  His

aggravated and uncontained vocals leave no doubt to the imagination concerning his attraction to Yoko Ono.

‘wicked game – Christ Isaak

You might recognise this song from Friends when Ross and Rachel first make love. Also, check out the video, which is reminiscent of the beach scene in From Here to Eternity.

‘Je T’Aime…Moi Non Plus’ – Serge Gainsborough

Condemned by the Vatican as being offensive, and banned in numerous countries thanks to the sounds of a female orgasm.  Gainsbourg labelled this “the ultimate love song”.

‘Let’s Get It On’ – Marvin Gaye

A close toss-up between Sexual Healing and Let’s Get It On, the latter scrapes it.  Gaye’s soulful voice embodies the liberation of sex and all its pleasures.

‘Lay Lady Lay’ – Bob Dylan

This song about forbidden love was intended for Midnight Cowboy in 1969; a film about a young cowboy who moves to New York in pursuit of older prostitutes.

Beth Ramsay

If you’re a little bashful in bed, curating a sex playlist may seem like a daunting and downright sleazy mission to undertake. And yet you might just find that, armed with a set of tunes perfected for a night of getting down n’ dirty, you’ve been missing out all along. Here are a few of my top jams to throw on as the clothes are coming off…

‘Cry to me’ – Solomon Burke

If you’re feeling bewildered as to where to start on your sexy sonic journey, a top tip is to steal one from the movies. This 1962 gospel gem is nestled in what may be one of the best film soundtracks of all time, Dirty Dancing. And who could ask for more than a shirtless, oh-so-attractive Patrick Swayze?

‘Ball and Biscuit‘ – The White Stripes

With all their bizarre brother/sister or husband/wife mythology, The White Stripes’ Jack and Meg White are one seriously dynamic duo. If you can cultivate just a little of their charisma heard in the sleazy slur of guitar licks and crashing drums, I’d say you’re in for a hell of a good night.

‘Dancing Barefoot’ – Patti Smith

Time for some truly kickass girl power. There’s something entirely intoxicating about Patti’s gravelly, unapologetically deep drawl in this song which will make you wanna take charge. Give this a spin and prepare to feel empowered, my barefoot young friends.

‘Your Flesh Is So Nice’ – Jeff Buckley

It may be that you’ve only heard Jeff Buckley’s warbling vocals in his famed cover of Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah’. And while that’s certainly swoon-worthy in its sweetness, this is as spicy as it gets. Definitely one to keep restricted to the bedroom zone.

‘Foxey Lady’ – Jimi Hendrix

I will declare anyone to a duel who doesn’t agree that Mr. Jimi Hendrix wasn’t one of the sexiest specimens this here planet Earth has ever seen. I mean, the man could play guitar with his teeth. And if that doesn’t convince you, give this insanely sultry groove a listen and you’ll be down for some lovin’ in no time.