Summer is finally here and in full swing, so bring on the warm evenings relaxing in the garden with great friends, great food and, of course, great wine. This recipe is perfect for a summer picnic or BBQ; it is healthy, tasty and simple to cook.
1 packet of ready-made short crust dough
1 tbsp olive oil
4 beaten eggs (one egg to brush over the pastry)
200ml pouring cream
100g feta cheese
A handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
A handful of spinach leaves
3 tbsp grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 190°c.
2. Roll out the pastry until it is slightly bigger than your quiche tin, then carefully line your tin with the pastry and prick the base with a fork.
3. Next, line the case with greaseproof paper and fill it the tin with baking beans.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove beans, brush the pastry with beaten egg and place the tin back into the oven to bake for five minutes until golden brown.
5. Gently boil the spinach leaves for 1 minute and drain off excess liquid.
6. Evenly spread the spinach leaves, cherry tomato halves and feta cheese over the pastry.
7. Whisk the remaining egg, cream and parmesan together and pour the mixture over the pastry. Add seasoning to taste.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the egg has set.
9. Leave to cool and then it is ready to serve alongside a healthy garden salad.