UEA Strictly will once again take to the dancefloor this year on Friday, March 13.

While some may consider the date unlucky, event planners are certain hockey masks and machetes will not be part of the evening!

The doors will open on the night at 7pm for spectators to take their seats, and tickets are being sold through the SU website.

In the vein of the popular BBC TV series, the idea is that each couple consists of one professional dancer, in this case a member of UEA’s Ballroom and Latin Dance Club (BLDC), and someone with limited dancing experience from another sports team.

This year the roster includes: Gwenda Killick from Badminton dancing with Caelum Spearing, Fiona Standen from Baseball and Softball with Izzy Carroll, Alex Lush from Cricket with Hannah Jones, Lizzie Payne from Gymnastics with Tom Baragwanath,  Kathryn Stanley from Women’s Football with Minamo Mizuno, Owen Hooper from Hockey with Claire Bilsborough, Amelia Jones from Women’s Rugby with Cameron Willson, Oscar Ogilvie from Snow with Alexia Popescu, Hans Van Baalen from Squash with Amy Leech, Alex Lee from Tennis alongside Ella Cockcroft, and Alex Turner from Velo with Glenneze Ong.

Dances will range from Cha Chas to Rumbas, and the event is hosted and organised by the BLDC.

It’s been a busy time for the club, as members recently went off to compete in the Inter Varsity Dance Championships.