Student fall after LCR night

A young man fell from the walkway above the Street early on Sunday morning after attending the A-List club night at the LCR. At approximately 03:15, Thomas Hood was seen by onlookers hanging from the walkway next to the Dean of Students. He then slipped and fell approximately 12 feet to the ground below.

Will Male, a second-year Geography student, described seeing Hood dangling above Barclays. He said “people were shouting at him to climb back up, some were standing underneath him I guess to try and catch him if he fell, and some people were just being idiots and egging him onto jump, obviously not realising quite how high it is.

“It seemed like he’d been hanging there quite a while, maybe a minute or so, and then he just dropped to the ground. His legs hit the ground first and one went the other way. Everyone ran over trying to help, so were filming, and then security ran over and got everyone away and then the St John’s people came over”.

Concrete understand that the university was not initially made aware of Hood’s fall. But the press office later told Concrete that they were “aware of an incident on campus early hours of Sunday. The UEA students’ union and the university are currently investigating the circumstances. It would be inappropriate to comment further”.

17/11/2015

sammckinty

November 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930