UK students demand better book provision

A recent survey has revealed a general opinion among students that more reading resources should be provided by universities, particularly through online mediums.

The National Union of Students conducted a survey to determine whether students want textbooks included in tuition fees.

Since last year’s rise in tuition fees students expect more for their money at university.

The NUS found that 81% agreed that books should be included in fees. The study focused on the use of online technology for education; it found that 95% of students use tablets, smartphones and laptops for study purposes.

Tom Cain, a second year Politics and Economics student at UEA, commented: “Compulsory books should be included in fees, especially as universities are likely to get discounts for bulk buying.”

09/10/2012

rebeccachapman

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
  • 1
    Cookies
    Not for me
  • 2
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    We are facing a climate catastrophy, the translation or proofreading could have been done online. Decolonising seems to be used to justify all sorts of things, including bad ones like…
  • 3
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    New forms of saviourism -it never ends this perpetuating of the Global South being something that needs visits from those good-willed who want to "help" from the Global North. It…