Students told to stay off campus during exam period

UEA has told students all exams and summatives will take place online “as far as possible” owing to the coronavirus pandemic.

In an email sent to students today Neil Ward, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, said this means “There is now no need for undergraduate and taught postgraduate students to remain on campus for the examination period in May – June for the remainder of this academic year.”

He added: “Please feel free to return home if this is your preference and you are able to. Please continue to participate in learning activities online through Blackboard.”

Last week UEA suspended all teaching and public events until April 19 “as a precautionary measure” against coronavirus.

In a statement UEA said: “There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at UEA.

“We want to reassure everyone that the health and wellbeing of our students and staff is of the highest priority, and we are continuing to closely review the situation. We are continuing to follow all advice given by Public Health England (PHE), the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), the NHS, Universities UK, and Travel Health Pro.”

17/03/2020

Chris Matthews

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031