With the high prices of accommodation and tuition fees that come with university life, students are now looking for ways to get extra cash to fuel their lifestyle habits, including becoming ‘Sugar babies’.

‘Seeking Arrangement’ dating site has over 500,000 British university members, and advertise that students can earn up to £2,900 a month on the site. The site is the world’s largest sugar daddy site and claims that students would also receive other benefits such as mentorships, business opportunities and career advantages, on top of their earnings. 

‘Seeking Arrangement’ also allows sugar daddies to search for potential ‘babies’ by age, body type, ethnicity, height, hair colour, smoking and drinking preferences, whether they have children or not, and whatever language suits them.

The site claims that: “Students registered on Seeking Arrangement get help paying for fees and even more benefits. Finding the right Sugar Daddy can help students gain access to the right network and opportunities.”

The ‘fastest growing sugar baby school’ for 2019 was University of Arts London, with a ‘new sign-up growth’ of 218 people in 2018, and a total of 845 students being signed up to the site by the end of 2019. Seeking Arrangement describes itself as the world’s largest dating website that “facilitates open and honest relationships on your terms”. The University of Manchester and University College London are apparently in second and third position respectively.

With the average cost of university life rising from 2018 to 2019, alternative means of making money, such as engaging with sugar daddies, are rising due to the ease in terms of time and effort for students, and because of the fast money making abilities.