Starting on the 25 November, over a million students will face disruption as academics from 60 universities signed up to strike over their pay and pension. More than 43,000 members of the University and College Union (UCU) are taking part in the eight-day walkout on Monday over disputes about pension and pay. University chiefs have moved to reassure students that extra lecture notes and online resources will be provided, however, this has not stopped many students starting online petitions to call for a refund in tuition fees. Hundreds of students at Bangor University have started a petition calling for reimbursement for lost teaching time, which states: As students, we support our lecturers who choose to take industrial action to protect their, and our, futures and interests. However, we feel that we should be compensated by Bangor University for the fact that we are missing time from our education as a result of the University’s attitudes towards its staff. They have calculated that based on £9,000 a year tuition fees, each student should be reimbursed £380. Students at UEA (University of East Anglia) have also started an online petition in response to the Bangor petition which currently stands at over 1600 signatures. The petition was created by Alice Harvey who states:We hope the university will appreciate our loss of education time and the impact of cuts to the pension for staff, and subsequently act upon it. Carol Costello, the spokesperson for the employers that are striking, said: If [students] felt that the university hadn’t made appropriate arrangements then they would need to put in a request to their university for compensation,” she said. She claims refunds will be handled on a case to case basis.