Fashion, OldVenue

Subtle Spring make up

It’s that time of year again, where we wave goodbye to autumn’s berry lips and winter’s heavy foundations – Spring’s here and that means a total makeup makeover. We all love a bit of makeup hoarding around the stores, seeing what’s new and swatching lipsticks on our hands but don’t forget to root through what you already have and perhaps you’ll rediscover some old classics.

spring-make-upPhoto: inaa.com

For dewy spring skin, we’re thinking fresh and natural – though we might leave skipping the foundation to summer, a dab of concealer and a tinted moisturiser can look beautiful this time of year. We love Collection’s Lasting Perfection concealer as it feels light on the skin, but gives you just the right coverage. Mix this with Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturiser and it will give natural radiance to your skin, and with the SPF you know you will be giving your face the protection it needs. Remember to also restrict the powder to your t-zone, and you will have the dewy look down to a T – putting on too much powder will be too heavy for this light spring look.

A cream blush can also look very natural on the skin, and adds a rosy glow to the apples of your cheeks; MAC’s Cremeblend Blush in ‘Posey’ is perfect. Though we love our matte lipsticks, the lip stain is spring’s cult lip product and they are filling the shelves up crazily fast – we think Revlon’s Colourburst Lip Butter in ‘Raspberry Pie’ gives you that flawless natural tint, without looking too heavy. If your lips are still a little chapped from winter, then a balm like Elizabeth Arden’s 8 Hour Cream will do you wonders – just pop it on overnight and you’ll wake up with super soft lips.

For the eyes, a cute little flick with some gel liner gives you a subtly flirtatious look; using the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner for this gives you that amazing lasting power for those long Spring break nights. If gel isn’t your thing, try a liquid liner like Collection 2000 for a cheap but reliable product.

Lastly, the frames of the face – brows. Now this is where there is a little freedom, with the likes of Cara Delivingne around, big bold brows are just as current as softer brows with a rounded, romantic arch. A kit like Benefit’s Browzings is useful as it can be used for both, the addition of the wax can help you to achieve the stronger brows while using just the powder by itself gives you the softer look.

01/04/2014

dahlial-Abdullah

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31