News, Uncategorized

Suspicious package that closed UEA bus stop confirmed as a ‘deep fat fryer’

This morning, a ‘suspicious package’ was reported at the 25/26 bus stop on Chancellor’s drive, UEA. The package was later confirmed to be a ‘deep fat fryer’.

Police and UEA security blocked off roads into campus and diverted people away from the area.

UEA security said this action was taken following reports of “a suspect package left at the bus stop”.

However, by 9.18am the police left the scene and allowed access to the bus stop.

Norfolk Constabulary said: “Officers were called around 8.30 am after reports of a suspicious package on a bus at chancellor’s drive, UEA.

“Officers attended and further inquiries revealed it was a Tefel deep fat fryer that had been left on the bus by mistake.”

Police across the UK will be keeping a more vigilant eye after three explosive devices were found at Waterloo station, Heathrow, and City airports on March 5.

On March 6 another package was found at the University of Glasgow. Police have linked it to the devices found London, and carried out a controlled explosion of the device.

The University of Essex’s campus was also evacuated earlier this month after police received a call about a suspicious package on the Colchester campus. Later police confirmed the package was not a risk to anyone.

21/03/2019

Chris Matthews

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
  • 1
    Cookies
    Not for me
  • 2
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    We are facing a climate catastrophy, the translation or proofreading could have been done online. Decolonising seems to be used to justify all sorts of things, including bad ones like…
  • 3
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    New forms of saviourism -it never ends this perpetuating of the Global South being something that needs visits from those good-willed who want to "help" from the Global North. It…