Teaching recruitment event set for Norwich

A  national teaching recruitment campaign is coming to Norwich encourage local people to consider joining a unique profession that shapes the lives of the next generation. The Train to Teach event will be held at The Assembly House, Theatre Street, Norwich, NR2 1RQ on Tuesday 19 November from 4.30pm to 7.30pm.

Roger Pope, spokesperson for the Get Into Teaching campaign and a National Leader of Education, said: “As well as the immense satisfaction of witnessing students learn and knowing you are influencing the next generation, teaching enables you to tap into your talents and passion for your subject. It also offers some very competitive financial rewards and long-term prospects.”

The event will have experienced teacher training advisors to guide any aspiring teachers through the training options. Representatives from schools and universities that provide teacher training will also be there with insights into how to make a strong application. Information will be available about the latest financial support people could receive to train, and the opportunities for career progression. One could receive a £26,000 tax-free bursary to train as a teacher and newly-qualified teachers start on a minimum starting salary of £24,000 to £30,000, depending on location.

Registration in advance is advisable but visitors can turn up and register on the day. Applications for teacher training, starting in September 2020, are also now open.

18/11/2019

Bryan Mfhaladi

December 2021
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031