Ten arrested after brawl in Norwich

Ten people have been arrested as a result of a ‘brawl’ that broke out on Magdalen Street. Police were called around 11pm on Thursday 23rd of July to the area to reports of ‘an altercation involving a number of men’.

The ten who were arrested consist of eight people in their 20s, one in their late teens and another in his 40s. The brawl caused a large police presence in the area with a canine unit and armed officers being present at the scene.

A press release from police say that they were ‘investigating the incident and enquires are ongoing’. They went on to add that all 10 suspects had been interviewed by police and released on bail until mid-August. As a result of the fight one person was assaulted and suffered minor injuries.

This brawl comes as the governments’ lifting of restrictions – put in place as a result of the coronavirus pandemic – comes into effect. Entertainment venues such as arts venues, theatres and restaurants opened this week with the government outlining new regulations on wearing facemasks inside such establishments.

The government advice regarding meeting up in groups is limited to either two households meeting or meeting up in outdoor spaces of groups up to six people.

04/08/2020

Samuel Woolford