Gaming

The 2022 Video Game Line-up

For us video game enthusiasts 一for whom the Wi-Fi going down is as bad as the apocalypse, who rejoice in watching our friends suffer on a level we aced first try 一 2022 is gearing up to be a big year of releases. With many video games award-winners to be announced in the next month or so, let’s look forward to what 2022 will offer to appease our continuing desire for new interactive experiences. Here are a few which I am excited for, as well as some of the bigger releases to be expected (if the ever-growing problem of delaying release dates doesn’t continue).

Elden Ring

A new RPG to be released in February 2022 by Bandai Namco (creators of the Dark Souls series, Code Vein, the Little Nightmares series and many more), Elden Ring looks to be their biggest release in several years. It is created by Hidetaka Miyazaki, and George R.R. Martin, the former of which made the Dark Souls series, the latter, author of the best-selling Game of Thrones book series. The game seeks to fuse the high fantasy elements of Martin’s imagination with Miyazaki’s talent for highly skilled and difficult gameplay. Definitely one to watch for fans of AAA titles and looking for a challenging gaming experience with a rich narrative style.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus

From one fantasy RPG to another, Pokemon Legends: Arceus is a big departure for the Pokemon franchise. With the recent release of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, expectations are high for this one! Blending elements from Nintendo’s other recent RPG outings like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, with hints of previous Pokemon games like Pokemon Ranger, the game explores a bygone time in the history of the Sinnoh region, back when it was the Hisui region, where there was a much more primitive relationship between people and Pokemon. Coming out in January 2022, it will be looking to follow the success of the latest Gen 4 remakes.

Sifu

Developed by French studio Sloclap, the upcoming beat ‘em up aims to combine a slick art style with a fun and satisfying combat system, much like their previous release. The protagonist, a Kung-Fu student, embarks on a quest to hunt down the assassins who brutally murdered his family. A gritty action-adventure set in a modern Chinese urban area, Sifu is one to watch out for in February 2022.

Slime Rancher 2

The sequel to the strange and adorable Slime Rancher, Slime Rancher 2 will see the player return to the outer limits of space to become, you guessed it, a slime rancher, collecting slimes from the wilderness and feeding them their favourite foods to make money from their poop! With lots of slimes from the original game expected to return, as well as many more to be added, this successor to the classic indie fave has high expectations to be as cute and adorable as the first, coming in 2022.

07/12/2021

benjamin smith

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31