Travel

The best female travel tips for your next adventure

As a tribute to International Women’s Day, I thought it would be nice to compile some of the best female travel tips into a handy guide for your next adventure. It is truly a shame that traveling can be extremely dangerous for women. While we have seen significant changes as the world tries to make itself a safer place, it never hurts to take extra precautions and be careful.

When solo traveling, the rule of thumb is to never walk around at night. Use official taxis and make sure that your accommodation is in a crowded area, so you won’t have to walk through quiet neighborhoods. Depending on where you are, I also recommend leaving your valuable jewellery at home (or the hotel). As unfortunate as it is, wearing gold necklaces and shiny earrings will make you an easy target. You can try buying local accessories instead!

Another top tip that any solo traveler shouldn’t miss is sharing your itinerary. It’s important that your friends or family know where you are supposed to be at all times. This includes where you are staying and your plan for the day. Contact them every few hours or maybe twice a day, so they will know to be alert if you don’t check in.

Whether you’re on a trip alone or with friends, it might be wise to spread your cash too. Keep some in your wallet, pocket, and main bag. In places where thefts are more common, you can even roll up notes and slip them in your sock. Even better, take only as little cash as you need and use a credit card instead.

These are some pieces of advice that can keep you safe during your trips around the world. While it’s important to be cautious, you should not be consumed by fear either. Let yourself be adventurous and don’t be afraid to try things. Embrace the new experiences and you can be sure that you will have the time of your life!

02/03/2021

Erica Thajeb

April 2021
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930