Fashion, OldVenue

The Blonde Salad

Chiara Ferragni, or The Blonde Salad, is an Italian blogger, model and designer. With a current following of over 5.3m on Instagram and 416,379 subscribers on her blog, the 28 year old has taken the world by storm.

After beginning her blog The Blonde Salad in 2009, Ferragni has achieved numerous notable titles, including ‘Blogger of the Moment’ in Teen Vogue in 2011, ‘Blogger of the Year’ at the Bloglovin’ Awards in September 2015, and ‘Best Personal Style Blog’ for three consecutive years. She was also named as one of the most influential personalities of the international fashion world by Business of Fashion, an impressive achievement for someone her age.

If you’re a fashion blogger, it’s always a bonus to be blessed with good looks, as Ferrangi is. Modelling for Guess in November 2013 sparked another aspect of her involvement in fashion, and in March 2015 she was chosen for the cover of the April Vogue España, which made her the first fashion blogger to appear on any Vogue cover internationally. You could say that this is evidence of the blogging world becoming ever more influential. Conveniently enough, her boyfriend of two years, Andrew Arthur, is also her photographer, which is a pretty ideal set up.

In 2010, Ferragni launched her fashion line The Chiara Ferragni Collection, featuring mainly footwear, as well as other accessories such as bags and hats. A famous aspect of her collection is the ‘Flirting’ style, created through playful designs such as winking eyes, kissing lips and colourful glitter. These sort of stylised elements feature on many of the shoes in the collection and have become recognisable characteristics of her products. In January, Ferragni’s blog and shoe line even became a subject of study at Harvard Business School, proving its significance in the current fashion world. In December 2013, she collaborated with Steve Madden to design a 9-shoe collection for Spring 2014; other fashion collaborations Ferragni has been involved in include her work with Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Max Mara, Chanel, Tommy Hilfiger, and J Brand. Evidently these are not B-List designers so we would love to know the secret of how she made it to the top in such a short amount of time.

What’s more, she’s an International Law student. Ferragni clearly knows her stuff when it comes to business, which is apparent when looking at her success in the corporate world. With a team of 16 around her, everything she does is executed with drive and passion. She knows how to appeal to the public, yet appears to remain down to earth. She was listed in the Forbes 2015 ’30 Under 30’ selection, raising questions about what she will come up with next.

Claiming that she just started the blog to share her photos, Ferragni ended up creating so much more. With her passion for photography stemming from her mum, Ferragni uses this as a way of conveying her own personal style. Her Instagram bio perfectly expresses this: ‘Love fiercely (and don’t forget to stop along the way to take photos)’. The young entrepreneur has built an empire worth $8m, all from a simple desire to create a place that people could draw inspiration from.

We are sure to see a huge amount more from the Italian blogger as she continues to travel the world, inspiring fashion enthusiasts wherever she goes. Sure, her shoe collection might be just slightly out of our price range but they are certainly pretty to look at! If you want to find out more check out her blog or Instagram at @chiaraferragni. If you do, there’s a chance of extreme jealousy but take it as motivation because remember, #theblondesaladneverstops.

09/02/2016

ElizabethWiggley

123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930