TV, Venue

The life of the advert

Disney has released a new advert in support of the Make-A-Wish charity. The advert tells the story of grandmother Lola, her granddaughter and their family traditions. The story begins with the cuddly toy of Mickey Mouse being gifted to Lola as a child in 1940. As the advert continues, we see that Mickey becomes a symbol of her childhood and this continues to the present day.

Disney fans are now able to buy the Mickey Mouse toy that features in the advert at the Disney shop, and also online. All the proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish organisation. Additionally, the song used in the advert is also available for sale, and for every download before December 31, 2020, 100% of the proceeds will also be donated to the Make-A-Wish foundation.

Adverts are no longer just shown on our TVs, we are able to view adverts in many other ways. For example, I found the Disney advert on Instagram. Organisations have found other ways to distribute their adverts to the public in order to reach all audiences. Disney distributing on Instagram shows how they are reaching a young audience as well as the older generation.

I personally loved the Disney Christmas advert as I loved the message they put across to the audience about traditions and keeping connected with your family.

24/11/2020

Caitlin Telford

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3