The most anticipated films of 2021

2020 was a difficult year not only for us but for film as well. With the closure of cinemas this set back many film releases, for example Black Widow and No Time to Die. This year we are hoping to see these releases as well as many more projects set to be released. But we can hope that there will be many great releases this year. 

Firstly, Marvel has many projects set to come out this year; The Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Black Widow, and potentially another Spider-Man movie. Marvel had a major success in 2019, especially with the end of the last saga, Avengers: Endgame. The movie is now the highest grossing movie of all time beating out Avatar for that spot. So it is safe to say that the audience will be expecting a lot from Marvel this year. I’m intrigued to see The Eternals, which follows the events of Avengers Endgame. 

Other movies to be released; Uncharted, The Suicide Squad, and Fast and Furious 9. Uncharted, set to star Tom Holland, Mark Wahlberg, and Sophia Ali, is another anticipated movie of the year. The movie is a prequel to the video games of the same name. Secondly, The Suicide Squad, a sequel to Suicide Squad, but we should not expect the same cast. Will Smith, for example, will not be returning to the role of Deadshot, whereas we can expect to see Margot Robbie return to the role of Harley Quinn. Lastly, Fast and Furious 9, in the ninth instalment we shall see Cypher enlist the help of Jakob, Dom’s younger brother, to take revenge on Dom and his team. To me, these movies are the most highly anticipated this year. 

There are many other movies that have been announced that are set to come out during the year. For instance there are many sequels to be released; A Quiet Place Part II, Venom 2, Don’t Breathe 2, and Peter Rabbit 2. I’m intrigued to watch Venom 2. I thought the first one was really good, but many sequels can sometimes ruin the storyline and are often pointless.  

Overall, I think that Black Widow is the most anticipated movie of the year. After Captain Marvel, this will be the next female solo movie from Marvel. But also, as a fan of Marvel, we have been waiting for this movie for months as they decided not to release the movie on digital platforms during lockdown last year, so this will definitely be the first movie I’m seeing in 2021. 

19/01/2021

Caitlin Telford

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031