The Pretty Reckless

If your favourite artist hasn’t released an album in a number of years, they’re either on a hiatus that you didn’t know about, or they’ve given up completely. After their third album Who You Selling For, I thought this was the case with The Pretty Reckless. There had been a four-year gap between their début album and their second, followed by a two-year gap between their second and third.

Towards the middle of 2020, I was itching to find out if they had any plans on releasing album number four. I discovered they had been quiet due to the death of their producer, who they had worked with from the beginning. The Pretty Reckless were undecided on whether to give up or continue.

Even though their producer died in a motorcycle accident, the band decided to carry on. They have titled their fourth album Death By Rock and Roll, which is more apt for the cause of the producer’s death as he worked with rock bands, but the real cause of the producer’s death is mentioned in the title track, which was the album’s first single.

Death By Rock and Roll is due out on the 12th of February 2021.

09/02/2021

Max Wrigley

February 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728