TV

The Sarah Millican Television Programme – review

Everyone’s favorite Geordie comedienne is back on our screens for a third series of the Sarah Millican Television Show. Each week Millican covers a genre of television programmes, flitting between segments of stand up and guest interviews.

Telly-2

The material itself is comedy gold, however at time the set up seems a little forced and disjointed; the constant changes in camera angle and the poor editing are enough to drive the viewer insane. At times it felt like there was more to come from Millican but she seemed cut off abruptly. Fortunately, the material is funny enough to be able to overlook this problem.

The first episode covered, cars, crime and the BBC’s Pointless. Her comedic value lies in her knack for voicing opinions that people are too scared to articulate. Within the first few minutes, she ripped car programmes and Jeremy Clarkson to shreds. She opened Quentin Wilson’s interview by asking if he’d ‘had sex in a car’ and then proceeded to ask the juicy details. She reduced Bradley Walsh in fits in laughter and played a game of innuendo tennis with Pointless’ Richard Osman. Other highlights included a 5 minute conversation about jizz (it’s not what you think), asking awkward questions and making the guests squirm; not your run-of-the-mill chat show stuff.

The guests may not be A-List stars a-la the likes of Graham Norton, but the show is much funnier and allows you to see a different side to her guests. Quite honestly the show deserves a more prime-time schedule slot rather than its BBC 2 9pm Tuesday placing. Viewers are certainly in for a treat as upcoming programmes will cover topics such as travel, US dramas and musicals. Forget signing up to a gym, stick this on and you’ll laugh your way to a six pack.

09/10/2013

Shelley Hazlewood

1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031