Fashion

The sequin dress: a night-to-day transformation

You may already have a sequin dress which hangs in the far corner of the partywear section of your wardrobe, and only shows its face on New Year’s night. Or perhaps you never plan on buying a sparkling, embellished dress at all, thinking there’s no point if you will only wear it for the one or maximum two nights in the year.

Well stop right there. This coming season’s festive spirit is embodied by this one fashion item, so why only wear it in the evening? Extend you’re dazzling, sequined self from night to day with the following five steps:

Over the top

Embrace winter with your favourite coat, knitted jumpers, oversized cardigans, snoods, scarfs and beanie hats. These items will tone down the intensity of the sequins but maintain a bit of glitz – a perfect mix for a seasonal outfit.

Wrap up

If you are brave enough to go bare legged on a night out, slip into something warmer for the day. Lycra tights with over-the-knee socks are great for a casual look, while all-black or all-white skinny jeans or leather-look leggings can make the outfit more formal.

Down to earth

Enjoy a heavy sigh of relief as you swap the skyscraper heels for the cosy and comfortable. If you’re feeling bold go for wedge or heeled boots, but only if you can walk comfortably in them – staggering and slipping on your backside is far from glamorous!

Less is more

Make-down your face and go for a minimalist look. Tinted moisturiser, concealer and a few combs of mascara are effective enough. Press some of the mascara as close to your lash line as possible and then carefully smudge it a bit of depth on your lids without the need for eyeliner. If you love your colours, try red, fuchsia or berry lipstick coated with some balm or gloss. For less effort, use lip liners in the same colours instead – they’re cheaper too!

Let your hair down

Don’t try too hard with your hair; if you can leave it as unstyled as possible without feeling too self-conscious, do so. Hats and headbands are great cover-ups. But try and avoid sequined ones if you’re pairing them with the dress.

The guidance is here, the sequin dresses are available. Now it’s up to you to take the final step and shine bright, both day and night.

17/12/2012

madzabbasi

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031