Travel

The sights and sounds of Sydney

The charismatic city of Sydney never sleeps. It stirs and bustles, eager to be explored because it has so much to offer, and the magnificence of this city is second to none.

As the capital of New South Wales and the most populated city in Australia, Sydney is home to a myriad of diverse localities, well-known tourist attractions and a busy events calendar.

Whether you enjoy monument spotting, bargain hunting, indulging your tastebuds, soaking in the sun or enjoying a night on the town, you will be spoilt for choice in this dynamic and accessible city.

Sydney has plenty of tourist attractions, both old and new to feast your hungry eyes upon. If you feel like sightseeing, check out the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, or Darling Harbour.

If you are missing those late nights you spent with your head buried in a text book, why not stimulate your mind at the Powerhouse Museum. If you like to be amused you could buckle up at Luna Park, and Sydney Wildlife World definitely has the cute factor.

If shopping is a guilty pleasure, all budgets are catered for. Central to the city is Paddy’s Markets which dates back to the early nineteenth century. Today it provides a leisurely and affordable market experience where you can purchase anything from fruit and vegetables, arts and crafts, clothing and accessories, electronics and much more. What about brand names you ask?

Pitt Street slinks away from the fresh, sea breath of Circular Quay into the pounding heart of the city itself. If you like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Hermes, and Wayne Cooper, this is the place to go.

Once you’ve bought your new swimsuit, you will want to put it on because the sky is blue and the weather is balmy. Bondi is the only solution, the most iconic and popular beach in Sydney.

There are also a number of must-do food experiences in Sydney. Satisfy your pancake craving at Pancakes on the Rocks, where you can embellish your stack with anything from bacon and eggs to strawberries and cream. And chocolate sauce is always an acceptable condiment regardless of filling.

China Town is a melting pot for Chinese food, where every other store front is a small and cosy restaurant with an eager waitress at the door beckoning you to take a look at her reasonably-priced menu.

Sydney is notorious for its nightlife, especially Darling Harbour, Kings Cross, Potts Point and George Street. A trip to Sydney would be incomplete without dressing to the nines and rolling some dice at The Star Casino.

Keep your eyes peeled, because you never know what surprises are waiting just around the corner.

20/11/2012

amycullen

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930