Deputy Editors' Column

Too many goodbyes, too many thank yous

It’s very weird to know that this is my last immortalised editorial. I always get stuck on writing these and they always seem to get very floaty and philosophical. Sorry. 

The Concrete office has been the site of many giggles and laughs and many life lessons. It is the place where I was first given authority and duress and where I first worked directly with and under leadership  – so thank you Dolly and Sam, I know whatever you put your minds to you will achieve and shine. 

Another enormous thank you must go to each of our team. Rome was not built in a day. Reviving Concrete and its readership around campus has not been an easy task. But it has been made easy by our entire Venue team, our fantastic section editors and their senior writers, and our online, social and copy teams.

I’d also like to immortalise a thank you to my friends, my team at UEABC and my housemates – Anna, Harriet, Meg, Rachel, Aimee, Sophie (honourary), and Oscar (honourary). Getting emotional now. Sorry. I’m not sure how I’m going to be not living with you all come September. You are all pillars of joy, silliness, and happiness in my life and I could not have wished for better friends to go through these years with. 

The end sentence of my first editorial was: “I hope this year you find your place, your people and your peace.” I found all of that and more at UEA this year. I hope you did too. Go well. 

03/05/2022

Freyja Elwood

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031