Fashion

Top 5 Sexiest Red Carpet Looks

Back in June, Rihanna turned up at the CFDA Fashion Awards in that sheer dress. Sheer panels have been a big trend this year; however Rihanna took this trend to the next level by wearing a floor-length dress which was completely see-through! She was there to collect her award for ‘Fashion Icon of the Year’ and if I’m honest, this outfit was just not appropriate! I understand that she loves to shock, and although she did look incredible, fashion needs to be accessible and wearable, and this just isn’t. But despite the inappropriateness of the outfit, Rihanna looked confident and happy, and that’s what being sexy is all about. You go Ri-Ri!

Rihanna Red Carpet

Photo: inntrending.com

Now I’m pretty sure everyone will remember this dress. At the 2012 Oscars, Angelina Jolie was the centre of attention. Not because of her acting; but because of her leg that kept poking out of her dress. Even higher than thigh-high splits are nothing unusual now – with everyone from the likes of J-Lo to Victoria Beckham wearing them. However, a couple of years ago everyone could not stop talking about how much leg Angie had on show. Compared to Rihanna, this outfit is much more demure, but still looks sexy and stylish, showing that you don’t have to bare all to be sexy. The tousled hair, red lipstick, and the split all create a sultry look, so for me, this is definitely one of the sexiest red carpet looks of all time.

Angelina Red Carpet

Photo: Styleuphoria.com

Although this was quite a while ago (1994 to be exact), it was definitely one of the sexiest looks ever seen on a red carpet, and it shocked everyone! The Versace paperclip dress marked the moment when the red carpet became as influential as the catwalk, and was a defining moment in Liz Hurley’s career. Hurley has discussed this dress many a time, and has explained that Versace designed clothes to celebrate the female body, rather than hide it; and there’s no hiding in this dress! It came top in a poll on greatest red-carpet dresses of all time, and it’s not hard to see why. It’s revealing, but not tacky, and it was designed to flatter and enhance the female form, making the wearer feel confident and seductive, and there’s nothing sexier than that. It’s a design that is constantly being recreated and reworked by many celebs.

Liz Hurley Red Carpet

Photo: Vogue.co.uk

Next up is this stunning dress worn by Kendall Jenner. Things have got slightly more risqué since Angelina’s leg-flashing in 2012, and this dress shows just how much. With splits up to her hip bones, on both sides of the dress, model of the moment Kendall Jenner wowed in this Fausto Puglisi outfit. Twitter went crazy over Kendall’s dress, with many expressing discomfort at the potential wardrobe malfunctions waiting to happen. The high neckline and long sleeves balance out the huge amount of flesh on show, and ensured that Kendall didn’t look tacky or cheap. I think she looked incredible and she is definitely someone to keep an eye on in the fashion world.

Kendall Red Carpet

Photo: Blogspot – thefashionableesq

It seems these celebrities just love to bare all. Jaimie Alexander wore this shocking dress to the Thor premiere last year. The entire world went wild over this outfit, as unfortunately, it did show a little more than Jaimie wanted. Despite the wardrobe malfunction, she looked absolutely incredible in this slinky Azzaro dress, and paired it with a simple pair of earrings and metallic heels. Jaimie managed to somehow still look sophisticated in this floor-length dress, as it doesn’t look cheap or tasteless. The dress shows off her incredible body and undeniably leaves a lasting impression.

Jaimie Red Carpet

Photo: superherohype.com

11/11/2014

lindsaystark

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031