Transforming Education Awards nominees announced

The SU has announced the nominations for the Transforming Education Awards 2019 with the winners set to be announced in an event on 13 May.

The annual awards are an opportunity for students to nominate both academic and support staff who have made a significant positive impact on the university experience of a student or UEA as a whole. The winners will be decided by a student panel selected by the SU.

Last year saw a record number of nominees, with over 450 staff members recognised in categories including Advisor of the Year, Most Inspiring Teaching Award and Support Staff Member of the Year. The SU said , ‘this year we want to thank even more of the UEA community than last year on your behalf!’

Whilst the awards typically recognise staff, some categories, such as Course Representative of the Year, focus on the commitment of students to improve their peers’ academic experience.

A total of 16 awards will be given, with an additional four awards added including Academic Society Partnership Award to recognise the best collaboration between academic school and student society, and a School of the Year Award with the Schools of Economics, Environmental Science and Biological Sciences nominated.

The 2018 ceremony saw the introduction of the Vice Chancellor’s Award recognising the ‘best of the best of the winners at the event.’ Last year’s recipient, Juliet Harrison (HSC), said ‘I really believe in my students and that they can be fantastic so I set quite high goals as a teacher and I expect them to get there.’

The full list of nominations was announced on the SU website. They said, ‘we’d like to thank you for submitting such wonderful words about staff that have impacted you at UEA!’

29/05/2019

jakemorris

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031