Spooky season has just passed and Norwich was ready to celebrate Halloween with a line-up of terrifying things to do around the city. 

Spooky City returned to Chapelfield Gardens on Thursday 31st October, where it was remodelled into ‘Halloween Town’, holding a number of free activities for everyone to take part in. 

The theme this year was built around filmmaker and animator Tim Burton’s horror productions, with a screening of ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’.

It was the perfect occasion to get your skeleton masks and witches’ hat’s out and have fun dressing for the spooky holiday which was held from 6pm to 8pm.

Norwich also presented Ghost Walks at Cow Tower Park at 9pm on October 31st, November 1st and 2nd. 

The walk began by the Adam and Eve pub in Norwich followed by creepy tales and performers from The Guild Of Shadows, which were guaranteed to send shivers down your skeleton. 

This was a perfect opportunity to bring your friends and family too, but be aware, you might have been in for a scare. 

There was also a BBQ at 6pm followed by a fancy-dress competition and with chilling, crisp, winds on this cold night, it was also important to dress warmly, bringing a coat along was a given.

The Adam and Eve pub is the perfect haunted place to be for this holiday as the pub is known to be one of the oldest in Norwich, where the ghost of Lord Sheffield is rumoured to live.

During Kett’s rebellion in 1549, Lord Sheffield was stabbed and taken to the Adam and Eve pub. 

His ghost is thought to enjoy ringing the bar-bell when no one is around. 

The pub has been said to be popular with the locals, describing it as ‘cosy’ and ‘a nice little pub’ despite these spooky tales of spirits and poltergeists, it remains a friendly place to catch up with loved ones.

If the appearance of Lord Sheffield is not enough to make your stomach turn, the ghost of James Rush, a man hanged in 1849 for attempted murder, has also dropped in for a pint and a friendly catch up at the Adam and Eve. 

He is rumoured to often visit with his friend – a medieval French speaking Monk, whom some have claimed has been sighted underneath the old floorboards; remains were found during cellar evacuations in the seventies. 

These stories are definitely talk for the ghost walk, and visitors are never disappointed visiting this thrilling location during spooky season. 

Why not go visit this haunted pub for a pint next time you are in the city, located just outside Norwich cathedral.