Welcome to university, an interesting degree course, amazing social life and cooking for yourself?! Don’t panic, here is a quick and easy recipe for you which doesn’t break the bank and is super yummy.
This recipe serves four so you can either treat your new flatmates or have it for lunch/dinner the following day. Also, depending on your dietary requirements/preferences you can switch up the ingredients by replacing the tuna and sweetcorn with chicken and sweetcorn or broccoli and peas if you’re a veggie.
Best of luck on your culinary adventure!
Tuna pasta bake
600g pasta (preferably fusilli)
250g cheddar cheese (mature is best)
2 tins of tuna
330g tin of sweetcorn
Optional: finely crushed bag of crisps or fresh breadcrumbs for topping
1. Heat oven 180c/fan 160c/gas mark 4
2. Boil and drain pasta
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter then stir in the flour
4. Gradually stir in the milk and whisk into a thick sauce
5. Take off the heat and stir in most of the cheese leaving some for the topping
6. Mix the pasta, sauce, drained tuna and sweetcorn and transfer into a baking dish
7. Top with cheese and optional crushed crisps/ breadcrumbs
For those who want to be healthy, serve with a side salad! Enjoy!